Friday, July 1, 2011

Ragnar 2011

I realize it's a few weeks late, but I'm behind on my blogging. This year, Nick and I ran the Ragnar relay with his work. It. Was. Brutal. I think it was worth it and would do it again next year, but Nick has sworn he will never ever do it again.

I ran as runner 9 and Nick was runner 12 (which meant he ran the last leg and crossed the finish line). My only complaint is that our van was the van that ran over night... and no one told us that. Otherwise it was worth the sleep deprivation. I think that both of us didn't get more than 3 or 4 hours of sleep that night. And that was in a van while driving on dirt roads. Given the fact that I ran my 10 mile leg at 1:00 am and Nick was running his leg at 4:45 am, we were pretty loopy by the end. All in all, we all had a good time.

Nick before he ran his first leg. Notice how NOT grumpy he was. That changed pretty quick.

Me showing some team pride.

Adam sporting his awesome Snuggie. We were getting pretty tired by then.

Yep. The snow at the top of Guardsman's pass was taller than that girl.

We finished! Best feeling ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment