Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mexico

Nick and I got to go to Mexico for 6 days last week. We went with my friend Danielle and her boyfriend Brad. They got a free rental house through his step mom and, since it was a two bedroom, they asked us if we wanted to come. So, after arranging for a baby sitter for the week (my awesome sister-in-law and my equally awesome mom) we decided to do it! It was an awesome trip, but maybe not as relaxing as it could have been. Here's the run down:
Day 1: Bribed the police
Day 2: Lost in the Yucatan on our way home from Chichen Itza
Day 3: Nick and Brad got the car stuck in a sand dune and had to be dug out by the military
Day 4: We went to Xel-Ha and I got to swim with the dolphins. Best day of the trip!
Day 5: Nick and Brad went snorkling. They went out so far and for so long Danielle and I seriously thought they had drowned. Worst day of the trip.
Day 6: The day we left. Other than the stomach bug Nick managed to pick up, this day wasn't very eventful.
Any of you who know my husband know that this is pretty fun-of-the-mill behavior for him. He sure loves his adventures! Anyway, here are some pictures for your enjoyment.
Dinner on the beach

Swimming with the dolphins!
The king's palace at Chichen Itza
The wind temple at Chichen Itza

1 comment:

  1. hahaha omg I can totally relate! We went there for our honeymoon and I went there once on a family trip and though the beach is pretty and it was nice, it was so not relaxing either! I think thats what happens in the Riviera Maya. We have had to bribe the police there too. I swore to myself next time I take shuttles everywhere, and when I did that I thought the shuttle driver might kill us before we got to our destination. lol Oh fun memories! You guys look great and tan!!

    ReplyDelete